PENNS CREEK TROUT TOURNAMENT rules
EARLY REGISTRATION CLOSES March 18th, 2023
April 15 & April 16th - SATURDAY & SUNDAY
1. Each participant must be properly registered, have an official tournament registration card, and wristband.
Anyone over 16 years of age, must possess a valid PA state fishing license for trout.
2. Registration will begin on Friday from 1:00 to 8:00 p.m. and will start again on Saturday at 5:00 a.m. at the clubhouse.
3. Contestants are limited to five (5) trout per day. NO fishing permitted after reaching daily limit.
Registration cards will be punched after judges check each trout.
4. Special colored tagged fish will be measured for the big trout contest, all colored tags will receive a
payout. FEE TO ENTER MUST BE PAID AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
5. Trout caught must be presented one at a time at the check-in station in LIVE CONDITION as determined by the tournament judges. All judges' decisions are final and based on good sportsmanship. The registration card and tag from fish must be presented to payoff station for payment before fishing again.
NO STOCKPILING OF FISH OR TAGS IS PERMITTED.
6. Anyone seen with more than one (1) caught tagged trout at a time will be disqualified. You must turn in a tagged trout as it is caught. Judges will monitor the creek.
7. All trout must be legally and fairly caught. No snagging or net lines permissible. Only fish caught by registered contestants are eligible for prizes.
8. Live bait may be used.
9. A siren will sound for the start and stopping times of each day's tournament. Contestants may begin fishing Saturday at 7:00 a.m. and must stop fishing at 5:00 pm on Saturday. You may begin fishing again on
Sunday at 7:00 a.m. and must stop at 4:00 p.m. No fishing will be permitted before the siren sounds and
must stop when it sounds in the evening.
10. The check-in station will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 pm Saturday and 4:30 pm Sunday. Trout
submitted at other hours will be ineligible for prizes.
11. Contestants are asked to respect other fishermen and not interfere with them during the tournament.
No wading in front of other fishermen and in designated NO WADING zones.
12. Contestants found in violation of tournament rules and spirit of the tournament will be disqualified and asked to leave.
13. Respect all property owner's rights. Stay off posted lands. Clean up after yourselves.
14. Keep off the railroad bridge -- NO EXCEPTIONS!
15. LAWN CHAIRS, ETC. MAY NOT hold a spot for fishing!
16. Handicapped persons can have assistance when turning in fish. ONLY HANDICAPPED PERSONS CAN FISH IN DESIGNATED HANDICAPPED AREA
17. Entry in the Big Fish Contest must be made before tournament start time.
18. When checking fish in---NO CARD/NO PUNCH---fish gets returned to creek and no money paid out.
19. When bringing tag inside to get paid, NO TAG/NO MONEY. ONLY ONE TAG AT A TIME.
20. Anyone registered for the tournament will not be permitted to help stock the fish for the tournament.
21. All pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
22. A $5.00 fee will be charged for lost registration cards and wristbands.